Search for at
BigBangGamers.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
New BBG Forums - PLEASE READ!!! General Discussions for the Gaming Community SHADoWNiNETR3S 0 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:27 pm
SHADoWNiNETR3S View latest post
New BBG Discord Server General Discussions for the Gaming Community TheONE 3 Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Meet the Big Bang Gamers Off Topic gara_girl 1 Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am
gara_girl View latest post
BBG Minecraft Other Games Bonko 3 Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:33 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong :/ Help Needed joe1 11 Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 pm
ScorchingVenom View latest post
Hybrid Drives (SSD meets HDD) Hardware Review Omega 1 Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:03 pm
techinfinite View latest post

Partner taunt crit

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    BigBangGamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 -> Freak Fortress 2
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunder
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:43 am Post subject: No icon Partner taunt crit Reply with quote

Way too cheap.

- The taunt last 0.5 seconds when deactivated immediately.
- Can camp until boss is coming to you.
- Can be used to rekt teleporting bosses cause it's fast enough before boss is able to attack.
- Especially cheap for Heavies.

I'd think all partner taunts should not give crits due to it's way too cheap with the reasons above.

Edit: Should've mentioned, the taunt for crits are meant to make yourself vulnerable for seconds but with the partner taunts, you're barely vulnerable.

Last edited by Thunder on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
SHADoWNiNETR3S
Game Server Admin

blank.png

STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:35 am Post subject: No icon Re: Partner taunt crit Reply with quote

Thunder wrote (View Post):
Way too cheap.

- The taunt last 0.5 seconds when deactivated immediately.
- Can camp until boss is coming to you.
- Can be used to rekt teleporting bosses cause it's fast enough before boss is able to attack.
- Especially cheap for Heavies.

I'd think all partner taunts should not give crits due to it's way too cheap with the reasons above.

How about partner taunts giving minicrits instead?

AssPancakes429
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:08 am Post subject: No icon Re: Partner taunt crit Reply with quote

Sounds good. I'd buy.  Very Happy

I am gonna bonk you!
Sponsor
AlanCrash
Game Server Admin

mexico.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:55 am Post subject: No icon Re: Partner taunt crit Reply with quote

Mini crits sounds good

So true...or well not the only reason :v
Bonko
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:28 am Post subject: No icon Re: Partner taunt crit Reply with quote

Literally the only way Heavy can actually do anything... I wouldnt say its cheap its just a slight advantage. If a Heavy doesnt have a Medic its the only way for him to do really anything because if a Hale targets a Heavy he has nothing to do except try to run.

But really though I can have people back me up that we're adding way to much stuff which doesnt even make any sense... If you nerf Heavy with rewriting the crit time then Heavy will be again Useless just like Engie and will have nothing to defend himself with I mean its like you guys want to destroy this mod and only have Scouts, Soldiers, and Spies the only classes played here... lol

Alas no one will listen to me though so I dont know why I bother even putting my opinion out there but if this goes through I honestly need to re consider staying cause the gamemode is getting worse and worse with these "no reason" updates

-Bonko

Thunder
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:41 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Partner taunt crit Reply with quote

Bonko wrote (View Post):
Literally the only way Heavy can actually do anything... I wouldnt say its cheap its just a slight advantage. If a Heavy doesnt have a Medic its the only way for him to do really anything because if a Hale targets a Heavy he has nothing to do except try to run.

But really though I can have people back me up that we're adding way to much stuff which doesnt even make any sense... If you nerf Heavy with rewriting the crit time then Heavy will be again Useless just like Engie and will have nothing to defend himself with I mean its like you guys want to destroy this mod and only have Scouts, Soldiers, and Spies the only classes played here... lol

Alas no one will listen to me though so I dont know why I bother even putting my opinion out there but if this goes through I honestly need to re consider staying cause the gamemode is getting worse and worse with these "no reason" updates

-Bonko

Not cheap... taunt crits are supposed to make you vulnerable to reward you with crits while partner taunt negates that. It's like infinity crits for everyone.

Heavy can camp while partner taunting giving him massive crits and knockback, and Heavies are one of the most powerful crit classes which makes him to rely on Medics to be good. Normal heavies are not overpowered against the boss. Your reason alone does not make a good point to keep it.
Sponsor
Bonko
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Partner taunt crit Reply with quote

We've done fine with it? This has been going on for 2 years now with High Five I dont know how you say its bad. Again Heavy has nothing to defend himself with and it will be the same thing as normal, He really doesnt do a lot of damage no matter what you say unless you have a Med. No one barely even goes Heavy to even consider this and not a lot of Heavies camp and even if they did its not like they do atleast 5000 damage every round lmfao

You must never play Heavy if you honestly even consider that OP

Thunder
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:33 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Partner taunt crit Reply with quote

Bonko wrote (View Post):
We've done fine with it? This has been going on for 2 years now with High Five I dont know how you say its bad. Again Heavy has nothing to defend himself with and it will be the same thing as normal, He really doesnt do a lot of damage no matter what you say unless you have a Med. No one barely even goes Heavy to even consider this and not a lot of Heavies camp and even if they did its not like they do atleast 5000 damage every round lmfao

You must never play Heavy if you honestly even consider that OP

In this conversation, you're only mentioning the Heavy about one thing that there's a reason to keep it. This goes for other classes as well.

The reason the server has been keeping it for 2 years is because no one has bothered reporting, and by then it was only the High Five taunt. Not too many had the item nor used it so it wasn't a problem by then. But since the new taunts from the Bread update came, alot of people start using taunts (Square Dance, Conga, Rps) and some of them are even faster than High Five.

Never played Heavy huh, I've been playing TF2 in 7.5k hr overall and experienced every classes and 80% of my playtime has been on Freak Fortress 2. I've been on plenty of different FF2 servers, even with taunt crits, one that disabled taunt crits from partner taunt with the same reason as I've been explaining in this Topic. From this, I've been experienced with what's good balanced and what is not.

Anyway, if this gets another reply about being against it, then nothing is coming from me anymore. I've already explained my part.
SHADoWNiNETR3S
Game Server Admin

blank.png

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:52 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Partner taunt crit Reply with quote

So i put a test trial of a modified Tauntcrits on #1, #3 and Dev.

Instead of being a fixed rate taunt, it scales by the length of the taunt.

For partner taunts, it scales the duration if you have a taunt partner, otherwise, it is 5 seconds.

This is an upgradable buff. First taunt gives minicrits, taunting again while minicrits gives you full crits and it stacks the duration of the minicrits with the crits duration.

This is added on the base duration (these are the DEFAULT values that tauntcrits comes with):
Scout: 2.0 seconds
Soldier: 1.4 seconds
Pyro: 1.8 seconds
DemoMan: 1.5 seconds
Heavy: 2.0 seconds
Engineer: 2.0 seconds
Medic: 2.0 seconds
Sniper: 1.1 seconds
Spy: 2.0 seconds

Say you originally started with 3 seconds of minicrits, upon upgrading to crits, say the second taunt lasts 4 seconds, it gives you a total of 7 seconds of crits to stack to your base duration, and you taunted as a Heavy. Add that up and you have a total of 9 seconds of fully upgraded crits.

If this doesn't work out, it'll be reverted to always awarding crits.

Last edited by SHADoWNiNETR3S on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
DoctorM
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:53 am Post subject: No icon Re: Partner taunt crit Reply with quote

or we could just not....do anything

AssPancakes429
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:50 am Post subject: No icon Re: Partner taunt crit Reply with quote

Nothing was broken with the original way. If it aint broken don't fix it. But people are really getting carried away with this and not even giving it a chance. If we could see how this runs on the dev server first before going to the main servers with it. I think it would be fair at least... I mean sure it isn't 'broken' but why not try something new? Something better? If it doesn't go well we can always revert back. It's not like it's permanent, but people don't care? IDK..

I am gonna bonk you!
SHADoWNiNETR3S
Game Server Admin

blank.png

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:04 am Post subject: No icon Re: Partner taunt crit Reply with quote

Honestly, i always saw tauntcrits fine as-is, but why not try something new for a few days.

The upcoming FF2 v1.34 doesn't really bring any changes for players, just developer and maintenance changes and a few necessary changes to keep it in sync with FF2 v1.10.7 & VS Saxton Hale v1.54 in terms of compatibility.

Most of it is just code optimization to make it easier to update.

Sometimes people need to accept change, because in the end VALVe loves toying with us when it comes to breaking SourceMod or weapon changes.

Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view BigBangGamers.com Forum Index -> Team Fortress 2 ->  Freak Fortress 2 Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: