Search for at
BigBangGamers.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
New BBG Forums - PLEASE READ!!! General Discussions for the Gaming Community SHADoWNiNETR3S 0 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:27 pm
SHADoWNiNETR3S View latest post
New BBG Discord Server General Discussions for the Gaming Community TheONE 3 Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Meet the Big Bang Gamers Off Topic gara_girl 1 Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am
gara_girl View latest post
BBG Minecraft Other Games Bonko 3 Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:33 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong :/ Help Needed joe1 11 Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 pm
ScorchingVenom View latest post
Hybrid Drives (SSD meets HDD) Hardware Review Omega 1 Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:03 pm
techinfinite View latest post

Due to overall lack of interest....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    BigBangGamers.com Forum Index -> General Discussions for the Gaming Community
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevos
Game Server Admin

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:32 am Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

well yeah bunch of the servers are empty most of the time just keepin the ones that actually get people often seems pretty reasonable just a waste of money other wise, might be a few more people whenever the huge update comes out but probably not a significant amount sucks the servers aren't too popular anymore.
forNeverAlone
Game Server Admin

australia.gif

STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:21 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

There is many new games to explore i don't think we should be giving up on our community.
Most newer games are hosted through player connections so we don't necessarily need many servers.
As for tf2 servers , I have always said we have an excess amount.
It has been long overdue to cull down the server list to simple , realistic things that people still go on.
Having 2 or 3 servers of the same thing just isn't efficent unless they are all full all the time.
(eg having 2 trade servers , both mostly empty. Could just have 1) etc

With that being said , I have enjoyed gaming with bbg over the last 5 years and i hope to continue for many more.
AcademyAwards
Captain
Captain

canada.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:48 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

I too, uncluding others have enjoyed my time on BBG, But for the past month, i had not been very active due to Homework, and friends.... but Do NOT lose hope for BBG, its' time will come again perhaps on breaks, it is a new school year, takes time, and i too have noticed the lack of players in servers, But most of the players are students...
I have been in BBG for... less then a year, i have joined teamfortress 2 on Oct 5, 2013.. BBG was one of the finest servers i have been playing for the past 6 months, Thank you Snuper for showing me this wonderful community and server, but i hope Ff2 will still be up! it'd be a shame for it to be gone.....

BBG is one of my reasons i Play Tf2, along hats. Oh i forgot about friends too.

I beileve i have join tf2 less then 1 1/2 years ago....

And may i suggest A Jailbreak server?
it is one of the fun servers players tend to be within.

I love you folks, do not lose hope.

====--- I WON AN ACADEMYAWARDS FOR BEING A PLAYER ON BIGBANGGAMING!
YOU ARE A PRETTY PERSON TO THIS COMMUNITY!---====
Sponsor
gara_girl
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:24 am Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

AcademyAwards wrote (View Post):
And may i suggest A Jailbreak server?
it is one of the fun servers players tend to be within.

We've actually had a Jailbreak server. It never really hit off and was changed to a different gamemode (Deathrun I believe..).

Urded
General
General

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:49 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

Been through this before my friend, maybe time to look for next most popular for one server or so...
I admit I haven't been on TF2 servers much at all, being an old CoD guy the game (TF2) never really sparked it for me.
I do get on the CoD server and the CS:GO server when I do play.
As far as the community, it looks like you still have something here. I still pop in to see what's new and throw my 2 cents in when I feel the urge Smile
It would be sad to see it go after all these years, but you know best what you feel you need to do.

BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:00 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

thanks to all that have posted. Many good comments Thank_You

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sponsor
BananaSquid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

That's a shame. I would like  very much for you to keep the FF2 and trade servers up, as they were the most fun IMO and they had the most traffic (50% sure about that on the trade server)

__
__, _, _, _ _, _, _ _, _, _, _,_ _ __,
|_) /_\\ |\\ | /_\\ |\\ | /_\\ (_ / \\ | | | | \\
|_) | | | \\| | | | \\| | | , ) \\ /\\ |_| | |_/
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~` `~\' ~ ~
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:24 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

we will probably see how it goes for a bit longer  . .

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AcademyAwards
Captain
Captain

canada.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:20 am Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

Thank You BBT!
BBG will rise again... Just... Things change when time comes, and we all wil know when change happens.
And Merry Early Christmas! xD

====--- I WON AN ACADEMYAWARDS FOR BEING A PLAYER ON BIGBANGGAMING!
YOU ARE A PRETTY PERSON TO THIS COMMUNITY!---====
Sponsor
sassafrass
Major
Major

blank.png

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:02 am Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

There are some upcoming breaks such as winter break and a break during Thanksgiving. Why not see if there is a spike in activity during those times when school it out to see if the server is either dying or is it because of jobs or school that get in peoples way of enjoying themselves on BBG. If its because of school I would suggest lowering the amount of server during school years and possibly re-establishing them a couple weeks before school ends so people could notice they are back. All decisions should be made by you, Big, since you actually pay for them. I just wanted to throw out a suggestion and see if it would be beneficial.

Just try and sass my frass!
forNeverAlone
Game Server Admin

australia.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:46 am Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

You can go ahead and remove me as an admin and consider this my official withdrawal.
No point in being around a community that's not putting in an effort to improve when there is plenty of suggestions being made left and right over the years.
Lots of talk but no action guys , Had a great time.
Started off here with BBG on the trade / l4d2 servers and i've had the most fun you can imagine over the years.
Good luck to you all and thank you for so many years of fun , gaming and trading!
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:07 am Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

forNeverAlone wrote (View Post):
You can go ahead and remove me as an admin and consider this my official withdrawal.
No point in being around a community that's not putting in an effort to improve when there is plenty of suggestions being made left and right over the years.
Lots of talk but no action guys , Had a great time.
Started off here with BBG on the trade / l4d2 servers and i've had the most fun you can imagine over the years.
Good luck to you all and thank you for so many years of fun , gaming and trading!

sorry to heart that. You are welcome to change your mind, thanks for everything over the years and hope you do well.

Sponsor
Thewenisflytrap
Game Server Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:41 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

you are completely right, i personally lost interest aswell thats why nobody has heard from me in a long while

Wenis
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

Well trading is over as far as I am concerned.
I have changed the trade server to just a community lounge.

We will limp along with the few that is still interested here, until Feb 17 2016 and will then shut down completely.

I may look into merging with some other community, dunno yet

yoda
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:11 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Due to overall lack of interest.... Reply with quote

I have been a member here since not long after the site was started. I really miss Call of duty. With most server control of newer games taken away, and controlled by Steam and Oracle, it isn't the same.

I have been playing war thunder for the past year or so and it seems that the cloud games are going to be the future of gaming. I had tried to keep the Special Forces Gamers website going but lack of use dictated that we pull the plug.
It appears that we have come to the end of an era.
So thank you David for everything you have done for gaming and for me in particular. I have your phone # and will call you on occasion if that's ok

To all my friends on BBG, Thanks for the great game play, friendship and the memories.

Ron Fink   (Yoda)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view BigBangGamers.com Forum Index ->  General Discussions for the Gaming Community Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: