Search for at
BigBangGamers.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
New BBG Forums - PLEASE READ!!! General Discussions for the Gaming Community SHADoWNiNETR3S 0 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:27 pm
SHADoWNiNETR3S View latest post
New BBG Discord Server General Discussions for the Gaming Community TheONE 3 Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Meet the Big Bang Gamers Off Topic gara_girl 1 Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am
gara_girl View latest post
BBG Minecraft Other Games Bonko 3 Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:33 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong :/ Help Needed joe1 11 Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 pm
ScorchingVenom View latest post
Hybrid Drives (SSD meets HDD) Hardware Review Omega 1 Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:03 pm
techinfinite View latest post

Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong :/

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    BigBangGamers.com Forum Index -> Help Needed
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe1
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:03 am Post subject: No icon Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong :/ Reply with quote

Hey, its my first time posting on this site and ever hearing of middle man servicing in csgo to confirm items. I was dealing with a person who wanted to trade me for my knife and we got in the hands of Big Bang(not confirmed), however I never sent any trade offers to him as he had an account i guess that is an "Items Checker" account. This is the link to it: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ITEM-PROCESS

and if Big bang you see this my steam name was "joe1", and i did this, well from this moment, like a day ago, and if you see this, did you ever have a group chat with joe1 and toaster2.0, if not, I guess i fell victim to an imposter, and if you do recognize me, what do i do next? I remember still being in the chat with "Big bang" and typing to him and he never responded but the next day i was using steam and he wasnt on my freinds list anymore and went to the profile and i couldnt even add him as a friend. If anyone could help me figure out whats going on as i am pretty confused that would be great. And if i did fall short of realizing he was an imposter then this would be my 2nd time getting scammed :/

steam name:joe1
gara_girl
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:48 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong Reply with quote

Hey there Joe1.
It is likely you did in fact fall victim to an impersonator. As stated on his profile, Big is currently only dealing with TF2 High End items; however impersonators always like to change the information to fit their needs... To verify who you actually traded with, check the Steam ID or URL of the player you dealt with versus that of the one linked with Big Bang Theory's profile here. One site many players use to verify the identity of claimed middlemen and admins is SteamRep. Note that many impersonators will copy as much information as possible to look very similar to the person they mimic.
 Of course, be sure to report the scam and/or impersonation so that others might not fall victim.

Lax_71
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:33 am Post subject: No icon Re: Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong Reply with quote

Same thing just happened to me I've got the photo evidence and it was my first trade is there any way you could help me out

[img]http://www.bigbanggamers.com/modules/Image_Repository/files/11435/undefined[/img]

[img]http://www.bigbanggamers.com/modules/Image_Repository/files/11435/undefined[/img]
Sponsor
gara_girl
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:00 am Post subject: No icon Re: Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong Reply with quote

Sadly there is not much to be done after a scam aside from reporting the scammer. If you care to do some reading, here is the Trade Scam FAQ off the Steam support page. Long story short, being that you have to verify a trade about three time, they won't give you your items back. What with middlemen, it's basically: you didn't trust Player1 to trade one on one, why would you trust Player2 at Player1's recommendation? It's always wise to do some research, versus blindly trusting a name.

Lax_71
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:29 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong Reply with quote

it was my first trade
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:48 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong Reply with quote

Lax and Joe, I am sorry but you have not dealt with me. I have not been on steam or traded with anyone in the last 2 weeks at least. If you check your inventory history and find the trade in question, you can find the link to the impersonator in that trade log entry.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sponsor
monkeykilling
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong Reply with quote

I can confirm it was Big Bang that I traded with you can not fake everything on his profile and he scammed me out of my knife and awp I have been trying ever way to contact him so if someone reads this let him know the police have been contacted and are currently working on legal action I can drop the police if he returns my items to me but until then he is looking at up to $20,000 fine and up to 2 years in prison
gara_girl
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:31 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong Reply with quote

monkeykilling wrote (View Post):
I can confirm it was Big Bang that I traded with you can not fake everything on his profile and he scammed me out of my knife and awp I have been trying ever way to contact him so if someone reads this let him know the police have been contacted and are currently working on legal action I can drop the police if he returns my items to me but until then he is looking at up to $20,000 fine and up to 2 years in prison

This must be your first time encountering an impersonator. Sadly, Faking a profile is exactly what they do. An impersonator will copy a trusted individuals information where it suits them, and flub everything else so it suits their scam. In trading with the Real Big Bang, there are multiple steps he puts you through so you feel secure and know it is actually him you are dealing with, one step being contacting him on the site before trades. If you want to see something really scary, search his name in the community Hub.

And I understand your frustration over the lost item, but nothing can be done whether you contact steam or the police. In trading, being you're dealing with a scammer or not, Steam puts you in charge of your own items. To trade, you have to confirm you want to do what you are doing. If you follow my link on Scam FAQs a bit up in this post, you will see they find all trading scams avoidable.

This does not mean we should not try to stop these scammers! More and more people fall for them each day and lose their pricey items. BUT it is all about reporting the RIGHT person. Too often is the actual person whom was impersonated accused because A. Their account was the one being mimicked, and B. It actually isn't too hard to find them, people only look harder after their scammed unfriends them. Luckly, an unadd does not remove all traces of a scammer. They will still appear in your trade history. So below I will list the steps on how to recover the correct profile, so that we may stop yet another Big Bang Theory scammer.

Open up your inventory
    Click Trade Offers
    Click either Incoming or Sent Offers History (whichever pertains to your trade)
    Click the image of the person you traded your items with [ This is your Scammer ]
    Report this profile, and if you'd like, Right click to copy page URL and send it over here to our forums so we too can report.

Raccoon
General
General

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:22 am Post subject: No icon Re: Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong Reply with quote

Sorry to bump an old topic - and I'm probably going to shock some of the old farts who have been around here since the site's creation by even posting Wink - but BBT is well above and beyond one of the most respectable pillars of the gaming community. As someone who has known him for years, I wholeheartedly guarantee you this was NOT him. It is unfortunate that this occurred, and I am sorry to hear that you were misled. The problem is, the more recognized you are among the trading community, the more impersonators you're going to have. While I have never really been one for trading, I sincerely recommend making sure to find only very trusted middle men if you're forced to pursue that style of trading.

Edit: Wow, I created my account in 2007... where have all these years gone?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sponsor
Nade
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:09 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong Reply with quote

Report this guy to steamrep. He tried to get me today along with an accomplice.

BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong Reply with quote

Nade that is not me. That is a marked impersonator. Just because some scammer used the same name as me, does not make me the scammer. I have nothing to do with any of the impersonators of me or any other community MM or admins.

this is me at steamrep http://steamrep.com/search?q=BigBangGamers

ScorchingVenom
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong Reply with quote

You guys need to seriously watch who you trade with. It's (in honest perspective) literally asking to be scammed at this point. You need to take it upon yourselves to watch who you trade with, and make sure it is a legit middleman you're trading with.
Sponsor
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view BigBangGamers.com Forum Index ->  Help Needed Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: