Search for at
BigBangGamers.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
New BBG Forums - PLEASE READ!!! General Discussions for the Gaming Community SHADoWNiNETR3S 0 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:27 pm
SHADoWNiNETR3S View latest post
New BBG Discord Server General Discussions for the Gaming Community TheONE 3 Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Meet the Big Bang Gamers Off Topic gara_girl 1 Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am
gara_girl View latest post
BBG Minecraft Other Games Bonko 3 Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:33 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong :/ Help Needed joe1 11 Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 pm
ScorchingVenom View latest post
Hybrid Drives (SSD meets HDD) Hardware Review Omega 1 Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:03 pm
techinfinite View latest post

Oh thank heaven for 7, or not???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    BigBangGamers.com Forum Index -> Hardware Review
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad
Major
Major

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:55 am Post subject: No icon Re: Oh thank heaven for 7, or not??? Reply with quote

I am not fixing what is not broken, I had win 7 in its infancy, Ill give it a 10 for graphics, but it  wouldnt play nice with xp soft ware.  and some web sites didnt recognize it.    so I went back to xp pro.    Good luck " I mean it" to the rest of you.   Smile
BitterSweet
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Oh thank heaven for 7, or not??? Reply with quote

THE_CHEESEMAN @ Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:07 pm wrote:
You have to run OSX in an "emulator" in order for it to run inside of Windows. Same goes for Windows on the Mac. There's some free stuff out there that'll do that for you.

Hmmm.  I thought that Windows for the Mac had been around for awhile.  It sounds like you are saying that if you want to run OSX on a PC, or run Windows on a Mac, you need an extra layer of software, (i.e. emulator) at boottime to do it.  That sounds like a recipe for a performance hit, which might be fine for most apps, but you wouldn't recommend it for MP FPS games would you?

BigBangGamers is the best gaming community ever.  Thanks BigBangTheory   Bow  
THE_CHEESEMAN
General
General

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:45 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Oh thank heaven for 7, or not??? Reply with quote

BitterSweet @ Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:01 am wrote:
THE_CHEESEMAN @ Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:07 pm wrote:
You have to run OSX in an "emulator" in order for it to run inside of Windows. Same goes for Windows on the Mac. There's some free stuff out there that'll do that for you.

Hmmm.  I thought that Windows for the Mac had been around for awhile.  It sounds like you are saying that if you want to run OSX on a PC, or run Windows on a Mac, you need an extra layer of software, (i.e. emulator) at boottime to do it.  That sounds like a recipe for a performance hit, which might be fine for most apps, but you wouldn't recommend it for MP FPS games would you?

Well you can dual-boot it on a Mac, but to run it under OSX you'd need an emulator. It's good though. The only problem is most Mac's are not the most powerful things in the world, if you were to get a 2.8Ghz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core, it would cost you a tidy $2199. But going the other way around, Mac on PC isn't that bad. You can still do a lot of the stuff that you need to and performance isn't much of an issue. And no, I would not recommend playing games in an emulator lol.

~Cheese

Xfire/Steam: thecheeseman999
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/djheps
Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view BigBangGamers.com Forum Index ->  Hardware Review Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: