Search for at
BigBangGamers.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
New BBG Forums - PLEASE READ!!! General Discussions for the Gaming Community SHADoWNiNETR3S 0 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:27 pm
SHADoWNiNETR3S View latest post
New BBG Discord Server General Discussions for the Gaming Community TheONE 3 Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Meet the Big Bang Gamers Off Topic gara_girl 1 Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am
gara_girl View latest post
BBG Minecraft Other Games Bonko 3 Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:33 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong :/ Help Needed joe1 11 Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 pm
ScorchingVenom View latest post
Hybrid Drives (SSD meets HDD) Hardware Review Omega 1 Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:03 pm
techinfinite View latest post

Steam Update
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    BigBangGamers.com Forum Index -> Counter Strike Source
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
BitterSweet
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:55 pm Post subject: No icon Steam Update Reply with quote

Well, the update the Aurua told was coming just happened to me.  It includes a lovely new home screen, an "Achievements" link (that doesn't do anything), and I noticed that you can block servers.  That's really nice.  What isn't so nice is that I can no longer connect to the BBG CSS server.  This really sucks.  Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on?

BigBangGamers is the best gaming community ever.  Thanks BigBangTheory   Bow  
BitterSweet
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:24 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

Well, I was able to check out this update on a local server I created.  What a bunch of fluff & frill, woo woo woo.  This is garbage.  I'm not even sure I want to play this game anymore.  "Magic Bullet"?  Gimme a break.  "Revenge"?  You have got to be kidding.  Worst of all, I can't play on my favorite (exclusive) pub, BBG CSS.  Same thing I said in the other thread, the only consolation is knowing that it's not only the company I work for that is capable of incredibly STUPID decisions.  Sad   Who put these morons in charge anyway?  Confused

BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

let me reset the server.. otherwise I will have to get the complete new package...  this is unfortunate as I bet we will be back to the drawing board on the admin mod and will take time to  let stuff get developed..
why cant they leave well enough alone!  Evil or Very Mad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sponsor
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:46 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

I will get this back up asap. This has casued alot of trouble for alot of folks.
I submitted a post about this to the folks at cPanel
here is the thread for  those interested.
Many are working on this.
http://forums.cpanel.net/f41/steam-updated-css-159238.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BitterSweet
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

Ah jeez, I had this post all written at work, must not have clicked the submit button.  Anyway, yeah, Steam has ticked off quite a few people with this update.  More than a few on different forums I've visited today are talking about going back to 1.6.  A lot of people are characterizing Source as a 'kids' game now.  The achievements are pretty useless.  I'm not sure if they give you "special powers" or not, but if they do, that would be undesireable as well.  The "Death Cam - save this moment" is useless as well, you can already take screenies.  For the last 10 years, the game has been about K/D and W/L.  This defintely should have been an optional mod or something, not thrust up us like this.  From what I am reading, you will need to reinstall Dave.  Here's the thing, what happens when they change their minds a few days, weeks, or months done the road.  Will you now have to start over again building the server?  You might want to consider falling back to 1.6 instead of Source if they are going to keep playing with this thing is this manner.  My feelings sure wouldn't be hurt going back to 1.6 instead of going through this every time Steam gets a foolish whim.

I would just sit tight for a week or so and see what Steam does.  They might update the game again and make all the new frills "optional".  That would be the best for us current players, or should I say current as of yesterday morning  Laughing

RLOD
Private
Private

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:17 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

I had the same issue.went to connect and it kicks me back out. i see gunney on another server.im going to see if i can get in that.I hope you get bbg server working again.Thanks guys. Evil or Very Mad
Sponsor
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

we will!  I just dont have an ETA right now. Sorry for the down time

pops
General
General

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:05 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

Well if it doesn't work out i might just ditch steam and counterstrike for good...i don't want to spend money on 1.6...they might want to start messing with 1.6 next...so stupid

Why does steam have to mess up everything...first MW2 no dedicated servers...now CS:S  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

and my estimated download time is a whopping 40 minutes too  Evil or Very Mad

BitterSweet
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:07 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

BigBangTheory @ Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:35 pm wrote:
we will!  I just dont have an ETA right now. Sorry for the down time

That's OK BBT, as long as you don't mind me "borrowing" the "BBG Brute" BOT prefix while I play on my local server.  Laughing

Sponsor
BitterSweet
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:28 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

pops @ Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:05 pm wrote:
Well if it doesn't work out i might just ditch steam and counterstrike for good...i don't want to spend money on 1.6...they might want to start messing with 1.6 next...so stupid

Why does steam have to mess up everything...first MW2 no dedicated servers...now CS:S  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

and my estimated download time is a whopping 40 minutes too  Evil or Very Mad

POPs, you should have CounterStrike (1.6) available in your steam download if you've purchased Source.  I'm not 100% sure about it, but that is my understanding.  I can't say firsthand, since I had 1.0 and all versions already when the newer one came out.  But I have all kinds of games that I got for free from Steam downloads, like Day Of Defeat, and many more which I never bought a disk for.  Check your downloads section in Steam.

pops
General
General

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:33 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

Alright i'll look then

pops
General
General

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:26 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

Nope i only have CS:S i'd have to buy CS1.6 and i'm not dropping another cent on any Valve or Steam games...

Sponsor
aurua
General
General

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:31 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

You'll have to buy CS games separate unless they have deals.

I'm an original CS player as well and I dislike the other CS games. Not sure why. Alot of people love it. Maybe it's the game mechanics.
When I first played beta..I thought it was pretty sweet, after playing it for awhile..I got bored of it quickly.

The update IS useless. They're catering to their MAC users and trying to make all of their games up to par with their recent titles.
We (xG) has lost 2 'alliances' due to this update. Those clans either closed down or moved to a different game. My team has abandoned CS:S as well.

If they do not fix this, They have RUINED this game. I'm giving it a test now. If I don't like it, I'm done with CS:S until I hear they made it optional or decided to leave source alone and keep the HL2 engine the HL2 ENGINE!!!!

Founder of Xclusive Gaming '09
BitterSweet
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:38 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

aurua @ Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:31 pm wrote:
You'll have to buy CS games separate unless they have deals.

I'm an original CS player as well and I dislike the other CS games. Not sure why. Alot of people love it. Maybe it's the game mechanics.
When I first played beta..I thought it was pretty sweet, after playing it for awhile..I got bored of it quickly.

The update IS useless. They're catering to their MAC users and trying to make all of their games up to par with their recent titles.
We (xG) has lost 2 'alliances' due to this update. Those clans either closed down or moved to a different game. My team has abandoned CS:S as well.

If they do not fix this, They have RUINED this game. I'm giving it a test now. If I don't like it, I'm done with CS:S until I hear they made it optional or decided to leave source alone and keep the HL2 engine the HL2 ENGINE!!!!

Glad to hear you agree Aurua, I have been waiting to hear from you on this issue.  You do seem to be one of the masters around here when it comes to CS.  If you think this update sucks, that pretty much seals the deal for me.

Let me ask the question, did those guys that screwed up COD (no dedicated servers) get hired by Steam?  It's either that, or there is an idiot farm somewhere  Laughing

aurua
General
General

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:00 am Post subject: No icon Re: Steam Update Reply with quote

I think they did hire them  Laughing

In my experience in playing all of the CS titles...They have seriously screwed this game up.
I didn't pay to play TF2 with TF2 mixed in with some MW2 hitboxes.

I was just in a server in which I dinked a guy coming out of back window (on  office). I hit him TWICE in the head. The report?  99 in 2. Two headshots to one guy...and he lives.

I dinked another guy in his head and then gave him a good bullet or two in the chest. The report? 98 in 3.

The reg is horrible. Them changing our speed variables ruins the game as well. The ragdoll animation when dying/dead is horrible.

All they had to do...was..add achievements, keep the maps as clean as they have made them, the mvp thing is alright..the death cam is alright (although most of this is very very stupid..and serves no purpose to anybody except for bragging rights.
You get no reward for any achievement you get except for as I said..bragging  rights. They did not need to change the way the game feels and works. The as I said in my previous post, ruined the game.

I will be uninstalling tonight because I did not pay for this nor did I have a say in this update. They forced their shi**y update onto us without any opinion. The game that was one of the most active, competitive, enjoyable and fun to play has lost all of its' credibility.
Chances are Valve will keep it this way. They'll wait for everyone to get over it..and get used to it. That is usually how it goes.
Soon, people will give up..and just keep playing or they will uninstall.

I hope they will offer this as an optional update. I guarantee if they do that..They will see a a difference in how many people play their new version..and how many people continue to play CS:S.
Who knows.
I'm very dissapointed here.
I also do not know anything about the OB engine nor do I know if server maintenance and anything to do with CS:S in general is even what I once knew. From what I heard, Mods such as GG, Mini, ZM etc weren't working correctly. However, I'm sure a workaround has been made already by the community.

Anyways, All we can do is wait and see if they are really going to keep CS:S in its' ruined state or if they will offer this as an optional update or DROP IT completely.

-One unsatisfied customer/player          Sad  Confused

Founder of Xclusive Gaming '09
Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view BigBangGamers.com Forum Index ->  Counter Strike Source Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: