Search for at
BigBangGamers.com Advanced Search


 
Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
New BBG Forums - PLEASE READ!!! General Discussions for the Gaming Community SHADoWNiNETR3S 0 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:27 pm
SHADoWNiNETR3S View latest post
New BBG Discord Server General Discussions for the Gaming Community TheONE 3 Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Meet the Big Bang Gamers Off Topic gara_girl 1 Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am
gara_girl View latest post
BBG Minecraft Other Games Bonko 3 Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:33 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong :/ Help Needed joe1 11 Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 pm
ScorchingVenom View latest post
Hybrid Drives (SSD meets HDD) Hardware Review Omega 1 Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:03 pm
techinfinite View latest post

What is worse than a camper?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    BigBangGamers.com Forum Index -> General Discussions for the Gaming Community
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BitterSweet
Game Server Admin



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: Aug 14, 2008

Posts: 1555
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
usa.gif




STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 am Post subject: No icon What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

People whining about it, that's what.  How do you throw a crying towel through the chat?

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned, I played an FPS game on a non-BBG server tonight.  It's been a LONG time since I've done that.  Funny thing, the "rules" were similar to BBG.  One of them clearly said "Be respectful".  

I'll tell you that if BBG didn't have certain rules, I'd say what I'm about to say in a different way.

In my opinion, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with "camping".   Some might call it sniping, or taking cover.  In any FPS game, it can be an effective strategy, especially if you are out-gunned.  I'm not the one that was being complained about, but my buddy was.  I might have done better to camp in that server with the field we had.  I can understand why this behavior might upset some players - tough cookies - deal with it.

My buddy mentioned missing BBG, and I agree.  I don't like playing on servers where people disobey the posted rules and nothing is done about it, or they whine about stuff like "camping".  Funny this particular complaint only comes after they get killed/hurt bad, while killing a "camper" is a feather in the cap for some.

Thank God for BBG, where we just shut up and play the game.

BigBangGamers is the best gaming community ever.  Thanks BigBangTheory   Bow  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blondie
General
General




Joined: May 05, 2007

Posts: 299
Location: Lubbock, TX
usa.gif




STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:54 am Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

Yeah, I know what ya mean.  All ya need is the right gear.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aurua
General
General




Joined: Jul 21, 2009

Posts: 169

blank.gif






Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:24 am Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

The only time I dislike people camping (speaking in regards to CS:S) is when the one camping is failing to do the objective. Especially when he/she is the last one alive on that team, time is running out..objective isn't being completed and they are just sitting there.

Other than that, Go ahead and camp. Makes it easier for me to kill ya!

Founder of Xclusive Gaming '09
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sponsor
Blondie
General
General




Joined: May 05, 2007

Posts: 299
Location: Lubbock, TX
usa.gif




STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:11 am Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

Beside my last post, Bitter, I do understand what your saying about "Camping".  Most CS:S maps have objectives to complete. Aleast some of the servers I have been in, Camping isn't allowed. The reason being for, I believe is, that it hinders the game, by not executing the objective or hindering game play time by other players searching for the camper. . I do and can understand why such rules apply in CS(if this is what game your talking about).  Some servers don't care if you camp or not, just got to find one.  As for the whiner's out there, well, there will always be whiners regardless if your camping or not.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LunaticFringe
General
General




Joined: May 09, 2007

Posts: 110
Location: Amarillo, Texas
usa.gif






Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:31 am Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

Alot of people don't want to spend there time online playing hide and seek....I'm not saying that gives them the right to abuse other people but camping does tend to irritate people.

Unfortunately this very issue is why I haven't been very active at BBG lately.Since there was a falling out awhile back we seem to have lost the more aggressive run&gun type players on our CoD servers and the remaining core group of players tend to camp.
Again there is nothing wrong with it, it's just some people don't care to sneak around looking in every corner to find the next pup tent.
Its very disappointing to me but there isn't much you can do to change the way other people play. Hopefully we can add some more aggressive players to the core group in the near future and the CoD servers will once again be populated the way they used to be.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
aurua
General
General




Joined: Jul 21, 2009

Posts: 169

blank.gif






Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:14 am Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

There are plugins for CS:S to deter campers. Some will put a bacon on players and give away their position in chat. Some will slap you until you move, some will freeze you if you camp too long, failing to do objective automatically slays you etc..

I'm not sure if such plugins exist for CoD but, if they did it would prove useful.

I can understand a CT camping a bomb site waiting for T's to rush in. T's shouldn't camp unless they hear someone coming and they are playing smart or they're delaying a rush. Like wise, A CT shouldn't be camping on a hostage map unless they hear someone coming. Ts should camp as that proves as a legit strat in winning the round.

For those who camp just to gain kills/avoid kills and bait their team, they irritate me. Especially if they are camping their spawn the entire game.

If there are plugins like this for CoD, maybe try looking into them?

Founder of Xclusive Gaming '09
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sponsor
BitterSweet
Game Server Admin



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: Aug 14, 2008

Posts: 1555
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
usa.gif




STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:21 am Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

OK guys, you are all correct about objectives, but haven't you ever heard the phrase "live to fight another day"?  I'm not talking about a player that finds a place to "camp" every round, I'm talking about strategic camping.  I've played on CS server that slap you when you camp, and I find that irritating when you are a lone T trying to defend the planted bomb against multiple CTs.  If you're not camping for a good strategic reason, your team isn't going to win the round, so I don't see the big deal.  I can see why people don't want to play 3 or 4 minutes of hide & seek, that's why I've always said the rounds should be shorter, like say 3 minutes.  Let em camp, they lose the round.  Of course I'm talking CS here.  Playing a 1 v 1 DM in COD is different.

BigBangGamers is the best gaming community ever.  Thanks BigBangTheory   Bow  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yoda
Game Server Admin



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: Jun 14, 2007

Posts: 288
Location: Dagobah swamp, in A Galaxy far, far away
usa.gif






Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 am Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

Let's face it, some people whine about everything. I was accused of camping recently, what a laugh.
If it isnt' camping, then the one at the top of the score list is hacking.
Respect is going the way of the model T Ford. People aren't even civil in real life, like
they used to be. I don't mind when people camp. People are creatures of habit, I can usually
kill a camper in his same "sweet" spot several times during a game.

Another tactic is to "broadcast" the camper's location.
ATTENTION shooters, camper in asle 7..... Laughing

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Blondie
General
General




Joined: May 05, 2007

Posts: 299
Location: Lubbock, TX
usa.gif




STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:54 pm Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

aurua @ Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:10 am wrote:
There are plugins for CS:S to deter campers. Some will put a bacon on players and give away their position in chat. Some will slap you until you move, some will freeze you if you camp too long, failing to do objective automatically slays you etc..

I'm not sure if such plugins exist for CoD but, if they did it would prove useful.

I can understand a CT camping a bomb site waiting for T's to rush in. T's shouldn't camp unless they hear someone coming and they are playing smart or they're delaying a rush. Like wise, A CT shouldn't be camping on a hostage map unless they hear someone coming. Ts should camp as that proves as a legit strat in winning the round.

For those who camp just to gain kills/avoid kills and bait their team, they irritate me. Especially if they are camping their spawn the entire game.

If there are plugins like this for CoD, maybe try looking into them?


There are mods for CoD that either mark the camper or tell the camper he has a certain amount of time to move, or he wiil struck down. As for Bitters point about guarding the planted bomb and getting slapped around for camping, to me thats a bad server. T's always guard the bomb when its planted.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sponsor
aurua
General
General




Joined: Jul 21, 2009

Posts: 169

blank.gif






Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:44 pm Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

BitterSweet @ Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:19 am wrote:
OK guys, you are all correct about objectives, but haven't you ever heard the phrase "live to fight another day"?  I'm not talking about a player that finds a place to "camp" every round, I'm talking about strategic camping.  I've played on CS server that slap you when you camp, and I find that irritating when you are a lone T trying to defend the planted bomb against multiple CTs.  If you're not camping for a good strategic reason, your team isn't going to win the round, so I don't see the big deal.  I can see why people don't want to play 3 or 4 minutes of hide & seek, that's why I've always said the rounds should be shorter, like say 3 minutes.  Let em camp, they lose the round.  Of course I'm talking CS here.  Playing a 1 v 1 DM in COD is different.


I agree on that type of camping. I think that is okay as long as it is for the benefit of winning the round and not just gaining a kill.

When the bomb is down, you guard all entrances to the site and wait for CTs to come in.

Founder of Xclusive Gaming '09
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BitterSweet
Game Server Admin



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: Aug 14, 2008

Posts: 1555
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
usa.gif




STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

Right guys, I'm glad you get that point.  I was thinking about this earlier today.  If you watch the NFL, you might have seen this segment that one of the networks does called "Come on man", where each commentator gets a chance to show a blunder that a player or coach made that week.  Whenever I see a lone T wandering around the opposite side of the map of the planted bomb, camping or running, this is what I'm thinking, "Come on man", why aren't you guarding the bomb?  The same thing goes for CTs when the bomb is down (not planted).  "Come on man!" - Why aren't you guarding the bomb?  If the numbers are right, I can see sending out a "scout" to snoop for a camper, other than that - guard the bomb!

All of that aside, I still think that if you are close to dead and heavily outnumbered and/or outskilled, you should be able to camp and at least try to keep your equipment for the next round.  There's also a physological component to camping sometimes.  Say the bomb is planted, 2 Ts vs. 1 CT.  The Ts are expecting the CT to rush in and try to defuse.
Suppose he just camps, or creeps around behind the Ts.  Suppose he camps instead at a safe distance with a view to one of the exits from the bombsite, and kills the Ts as they exit trying to escape the blast.  It would keep a T wondering, just like the BOTs say "Where are they?".

When a CT rushes into a guarded, planted bomb, 4 Ts vs 1 CT, that's another "Come on man!" in my opinion, unless he actually defuses, in which case the player needs to pick out a color for their cape.  Simply put, I'd rather see a teammate camp than run in to unbeatable odds/skills and get killed, since the team is going to lose the round either way.

Again, this is why I lobby for shorter rounds.  When is the last time you played out a full 5 minutes when someone didn't camp?  Confused  That clock stops once the bomb is planted, and 3 minutes is way more than plenty of time to plant IMO.

BigBangGamers is the best gaming community ever.  Thanks BigBangTheory   Bow  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blondie
General
General




Joined: May 05, 2007

Posts: 299
Location: Lubbock, TX
usa.gif




STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:14 pm Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

BitterSweet @ Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:22 pm wrote:
Right guys, I'm glad you get that point.  I was thinking about this earlier today.  If you watch the NFL, you might have seen this segment that one of the networks does called "Come on man", where each commentator gets a chance to show a blunder that a player or coach made that week.  Whenever I see a lone T wandering around the opposite side of the map of the planted bomb, camping or running, this is what I'm thinking, "Come on man", why aren't you guarding the bomb?  The same thing goes for CTs when the bomb is down (not planted).  "Come on man!" - Why aren't you guarding the bomb?  If the numbers are right, I can see sending out a "scout" to snoop for a camper, other than that - guard the bomb!

All of that aside, I still think that if you are close to dead and heavily outnumbered and/or outskilled, you should be able to camp and at least try to keep your equipment for the next round.  There's also a physological component to camping sometimes.  Say the bomb is planted, 2 Ts vs. 1 CT.  The Ts are expecting the CT to rush in and try to defuse.
Suppose he just camps, or creeps around behind the Ts.  Suppose he camps instead at a safe distance with a view to one of the exits from the bombsite, and kills the Ts as they exit trying to escape the blast.  It would keep a T wondering, just like the BOTs say "Where are they?".

When a CT rushes into a guarded, planted bomb, 4 Ts vs 1 CT, that's another "Come on man!" in my opinion, unless he actually defuses, in which case the player needs to pick out a color for their cape.  Simply put, I'd rather see a teammate camp than run in to unbeatable odds/skills and get killed, since the team is going to lose the round either way.

Again, this is why I lobby for shorter rounds.  When is the last time you played out a full 5 minutes when someone didn't camp?  Confused  That clock stops once the bomb is planted, and 3 minutes is way more than plenty of time to plant IMO.


Well, I have seen the CT's outnumbered by T's and still defuse the bomb.  I have even seen a Terrorist, leave the bombsite an go camp somewhere else, only to have the bomb defused. Server roundtime is different per server, You say three minutes is enough time to plant, try playing in a 44 man server. Its hard but no impossible.

As for CT camping and waiting for the T's to exit the bombsite, doesn't complete the objective that the CT is assigned, you keep doing this and you will get tons of flack from players. Also regardless if you are the last CT and 2 T's and go in with some kind of plan and try to defuse, whether you succeed or not, it shows you tried. Most likely you will get a "NT" from somebody.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sponsor
BitterSweet
Game Server Admin



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: Aug 14, 2008

Posts: 1555
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
usa.gif




STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:10 am Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

Blondie @ Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:14 pm wrote:
BitterSweet @ Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:22 pm wrote:
Right guys, I'm glad you get that point.  I was thinking about this earlier today.  If you watch the NFL, you might have seen this segment that one of the networks does called "Come on man", where each commentator gets a chance to show a blunder that a player or coach made that week.  Whenever I see a lone T wandering around the opposite side of the map of the planted bomb, camping or running, this is what I'm thinking, "Come on man", why aren't you guarding the bomb?  The same thing goes for CTs when the bomb is down (not planted).  "Come on man!" - Why aren't you guarding the bomb?  If the numbers are right, I can see sending out a "scout" to snoop for a camper, other than that - guard the bomb!

All of that aside, I still think that if you are close to dead and heavily outnumbered and/or outskilled, you should be able to camp and at least try to keep your equipment for the next round.  There's also a physological component to camping sometimes.  Say the bomb is planted, 2 Ts vs. 1 CT.  The Ts are expecting the CT to rush in and try to defuse.
Suppose he just camps, or creeps around behind the Ts.  Suppose he camps instead at a safe distance with a view to one of the exits from the bombsite, and kills the Ts as they exit trying to escape the blast.  It would keep a T wondering, just like the BOTs say "Where are they?".

When a CT rushes into a guarded, planted bomb, 4 Ts vs 1 CT, that's another "Come on man!" in my opinion, unless he actually defuses, in which case the player needs to pick out a color for their cape.  Simply put, I'd rather see a teammate camp than run in to unbeatable odds/skills and get killed, since the team is going to lose the round either way.

Again, this is why I lobby for shorter rounds.  When is the last time you played out a full 5 minutes when someone didn't camp?  Confused  That clock stops once the bomb is planted, and 3 minutes is way more than plenty of time to plant IMO.


Well, I have seen the CT's outnumbered by T's and still defuse the bomb.  I have even seen a Terrorist, leave the bombsite an go camp somewhere else, only to have the bomb defused. Server roundtime is different per server, You say three minutes is enough time to plant, try playing in a 44 man server. Its hard but no impossible.

As for CT camping and waiting for the T's to exit the bombsite, doesn't complete the objective that the CT is assigned, you keep doing this and you will get tons of flack from players. Also regardless if you are the last CT and 2 T's and go in with some kind of plan and try to defuse, whether you succeed or not, it shows you tried. Most likely you will get a "NT" from somebody.


I'm talking specifically about the BBG server and/or the 5 vs 5 config (which I think is optimal).  Three minutes is plenty of time.  If there aren't BOTs, things would be different.  Even if it's 5 vs 5 humans, I think 5 minutes is a bit much.  As for the "NTs", they don't really count for all that much do they?  It's just a polite way to say "Nice loss", right?

BigBangGamers is the best gaming community ever.  Thanks BigBangTheory   Bow  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blondie
General
General




Joined: May 05, 2007

Posts: 299
Location: Lubbock, TX
usa.gif




STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:03 am Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

Well, I thought you talking about other servers. Not saying playing BBG's server isn't fun.  But have you even found yourself a decent online server with peeps playing.  But then again I thought this thread was about "Camping"?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aurua
General
General




Joined: Jul 21, 2009

Posts: 169

blank.gif






Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:14 am Post subject: No icon Re: What is worse than a camper? Reply with quote

In a scrim the time limit is 3 minutes. That is based on a 5v5. In most pubs (at least that I play) the time limit is the same or 4 minutes depending on map size.

Founder of Xclusive Gaming '09
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sponsor
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view BigBangGamers.com Forum Index ->  General Discussions for the Gaming Community Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group

chromo Theme by effectica ©
Powered by Nuke Evolution theme designed by effectica.com

Spambot Killer
Site Map

[News Feed] [Forums Feed] [Downloads Feed] [Web Links Feed] Powered by HTML Purifier[Validate robots.txt]


PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2006 by Francisco Burzi.
All logos, trademarks and posts in this site are property of their respective owners, all the rest © 2006 by the site owner.
Powered by Nuke Evolution 2.0.7 - Nuke-Evolution Xtreme 2.0 Edition.

This site is cached. Click here to update the cache.
[ Page Generation: 0.36 Seconds | Memory Usage: 8.78 MB | DB Queries: 86 ]

Do Not Click