If you are having trouble with PunkBuster, such as getting kicked or disconnected from the game, please follow the steps listed below. Be sure to follow the steps exactly and in order to completely reinstall PunkBuster. If you skip a step, you may not solve your problem.
Step 1 - Uninstall
Before you reinstall PunkBuster, it's best to first uninstall it, so that we can start out fresh.
1. Download pbsvc.exe, the utility which will allow you to uninstall and reinstall PunkBuster.
2. Open pbsvc.exe and select Un-Install/Remove PunkBuster Service.
3. Go to your Call of Duty Folder (C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\) and delete the \pb\ folder.
Step 2 - Reinstall
Once the uninstall has been completed, you can reinstall the PunkBuster Service.
1. Open pbsvc.exe again, but this time select Install/Re-Install PunkBuster Service.
2. If you have a firewall, be sure to allow PunkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe access to the internet.
After installing, it will test your services. Make sure that you get a "Test completed successfully without error." message.
Step 3 - Update PunkBuster
Finally, after you've finished the un-install and re-install steps, you should update PunkBuster.
1. Download pbsetup.exe, the utility to update PunkBuster.
a) or get a locally hosted copy of pbsetup.exe
2. Open pbsetup.exe and allow it to check for updates.
3. Click the "Add a Game" button at the top.
4. Select the game you wish to update, and make sure the path is correct.
5. Click the "Check for Updates" button at the top.
Last edited by BigBangTheory on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum