Search for at
BigBangGamers.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
New BBG Forums - PLEASE READ!!! General Discussions for the Gaming Community SHADoWNiNETR3S 0 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:27 pm
SHADoWNiNETR3S View latest post
New BBG Discord Server General Discussions for the Gaming Community TheONE 3 Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Meet the Big Bang Gamers Off Topic gara_girl 1 Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am
gara_girl View latest post
BBG Minecraft Other Games Bonko 3 Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:33 pm
BigBangTheory View latest post
Traded with supposedly Big Bang(not confirmed)gone wrong :/ Help Needed joe1 11 Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 pm
ScorchingVenom View latest post
Hybrid Drives (SSD meets HDD) Hardware Review Omega 1 Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:03 pm
techinfinite View latest post

Upcoming Admin list cleanup
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    BigBangGamers.com Forum Index -> General Discussions for the Gaming Community
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:
Visit member's Steam Profile

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:50 pm Post subject: Bad ! Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

If there is one thing that I have learned over the years in running servers is . . . folks come and folks go.

That being said, there are over 50 admins listed in Sourcebans and probably only a dozen actually active.

I will be on vacation for a few days (Sun - Wed)   ..hope there are not any TF2 updates during that time  Wall

Soon, I think the admin list needs to be cleaned up. This cleanup is not intended to punish anyone via removing admin, but is in effort to understanding current interests.
I realize school is still in session and that is of paramount priority. So anyone not active due to school would be reactivated upon the desire.

Please post below if you find your admin removed but are still wishing to be active.   Active admins, feel free to make a post mentioning approx. weekly availability and on which servers. Also non admins can post here regarding their admin interests.

Again, any admins that have been removed can be reactivated as it is not due to any fault.  We are just hoping to get the list cleaned up of inactive players. (no changes made yet..this is just a head's up post)

Folks off the top of my head (not in any particular order) that I know are active are:

Gara
Koishi aka Shadow
Haxray
Bonko
AssPancakes
Metroid
Tech

..probably missing a few.

Lets understand who is still here and active  
Discuss

Last edited by BigBangTheory on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Keen
Game Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:51 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

Hey Big!

I don't use the forums much because my account always locks me out, however, I am almost always on the prop hunt servers.
I know the rules and try to enforce them whenever I can when no admins are around to play. I have fell a little inactive the past few months due to school but school is now finished and I find myself playing more often. I usually point out the bugs that need fixing on the prop hunt servers to Gara whenever I get a chance. I would love to be an admin to look after the prop hunt servers.

You may know be by FlyingPenguin or Agent Keen  Smile
gara_girl
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:05 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

My weekly availability is forever changing depending on my work situation. Weekdays I work 6am-6pm but have access to a computer and can get online in up to 20 minutes IF I'm not soloing. Can always be contacted through the site if not steam. Weekends always very, I try to keep myself busied, but it doesn't always happen. If I'm online on steam (not mobile) I can join a game. Available to all servers when needed, but Prop will forever be my favorite.

And Keen! She's one of my favorite regulars. Keeps the server on the up and up when I can't be in. Very good player.

Edit: New Job! Mondays-Thursdays 6am-5pm. No longer have access to computer, but have my phone available so steam messages and pm's from this site will get to me (even if I appear offline). There will be days I am not working, it is completely random and unpredictable on my part, so as before, If I appear online and it's NOT mobile, I can join games.

Last edited by gara_girl on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
BigBangTheory
Site Owner
Site Owner

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:58 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

sounds like a perfect endorsement. Consider it done. Just need the steam id

+edied+
Keen, welcome aboard.

For any following this tread,  if Gara is willing, I think of her as a head admin. If there is any question as to what is right or wrong, of fair, or best way to handle something... it is safe to assume that what Gara thinks is best is probably correct.  I hope to have named a couple of "Head Admins"  and it would be a no brainer for Gara to be one of them

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scooty
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:56 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

I would be, but you know my situation being unable to connect to the servers at all.

Unless that is able to be magically fixed (most likely my end with something wrong with my computer), it would be best to probably remove mine for the time being.
EpicAgentBlossom
Private
Private

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:00 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

Hello Big Bang Theory, this is my first time making this comment on the forum. Weeks ago, i was helping out Tech this year, me and Tech were friends 3 years till now, anyways i helped him with the spycrab few weeks ago, he asked me how long he should ban a runner from a spycrab, i told him 5 days, and i also told him "would i make a good admin on this server", and he responded "yeah" and he also mentioned me, he would speak to you and see if i could become admin or VIP. I go on the FF2 server and even the Trade Server for 3 years on Steam, and i do follow the rules perfectly and i'm quite a helper as well. I'm active everyday (unless i go somewhere depending on how many weeks i'll be gone with my other family), i don't go to bed depending on the time (i sometimes go to bed at Midnight). So yeah, here's my Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/agentblossom/ and have a good time. Hope i can get a hold of you some other time, i'll either be online or playing TF2 or other steam related games. I also have good reps and have like 5,000 hrs. on tf2 and level is 13.

Last edited by EpicAgentBlossom on Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
Flandre64
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:26 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

Hey Big ill more likely become more active since ima have summer break and ill probably be more active than i used to be hopefully by the end of this month thanks
Bonko
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:06 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

I'm still here obv, I'm on mostly everyday after school from 4-11 usually, if not like if I'm hanging out with friends or on a bike ride or homework etc. I always have my phone with me as well so I'm on the majority.

If we were to get Head Admin tags who would get them and would they get any certain commands?

Or will it work sorta like V.I.P ?

-Bonko

Meowstix
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:37 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

Big, I have been playing on BBG for 3 years and if possible I would like to have admin. That would be great if i could. I love the server and lots of people know me. I also love the BBG Community.

From, Meowstix
Sponsor
DoctorM
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:28 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

Hey big Fyi but light is still going on so add him to the list

DoctorM
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:37 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

also people who join the servers often:
Mason Co.
Asian
Pyrogasm
Myself
Merpy
Blooper
Sassafrass
ScorchingVenom
Phone Guy
Dylan

SHADoWNiNETR3S
Game Server Admin

blank.png

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

Personally, i think DoctorM would make a great admin.

Sponsor
DoctorM
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:27 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

Solid Snake: do me a favor
Dr.M [BBG]: yeah?
Solid Snake: post not to take my admin away, i just dnt use the forums

DoctorM
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:51 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

BigBangTheory wrote (View Post):
sounds like a perfect endorsement. Consider it done. Just need the steam id

+edied+
Keen, welcome aboard.

For any following this tread,  if Gara is willing, I think of her as a head admin. If there is any question as to what is right or wrong, of fair, or best way to handle something... it is safe to assume that what Gara thinks is best is probably correct.  I hope to have named a couple of "Head Admins"  and it would be a no brainer for Gara to be one of them

Big you should consider doing a form of census and obtaining the names of every admin,vip,and regular so you can just look back in case a situation like this happens

gara_girl
Game Server Admin

usa.gif

STEAM PROFILE:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:44 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upcoming Admin list cleanup Reply with quote

Only problem with taking a list of Admins/VIPs/Regulars is that it could change on a dime. Summers around the corner so new regulars will be coming in, interests and plans of many changing so perhaps we'll loose a few too. It would be a bunch of names we'd have to go through every week to make sure it stayed updated. If it comes down to admin selection, I can tell you for a fact that just because Jimmy has been with the server 3 years doesn't mean he'd be a better admin than Peggy who has been with the server 1. Its all about getting to know all players on a personal level; who is who, how do they react with different players, how do they play, etc.. Then come time for cleanouts like this we know who is good and who isn't. And who is paying attention to the Forums and who isn't. I'm willing to bet Big is going to get a couple messages if he removed a person who had no idea this whole thing was going down  Laughing .

Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view BigBangGamers.com Forum Index ->  General Discussions for the Gaming Community Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: